Vintage Décor Revival: 3 DIY Ideas
With some ideas and a bit of creativity, your old and useless objects can become nice accessories or interior décor for your furniture. Here are 3 decorative, practical, and aesthetic objects that you can easily create!
1) String-Wrapped Vase
Do you want a beautiful vintage vase for your fresh flowers but don’t want to get rid of your old vase, or don’t feel like buying a ready-made one? With this string-wrapped DIY vase idea, you can effortlessly create a lovely vintage vase made of rope while recycling your old jar/vase!
For this DIY, you will need:
- 1 vase
- 1 pair of scissors
- Coat the bottom of your vase with liquid glue
- Wind up the string till the desired height
- Add a point of glue to fix the end of the string, and to hold the whole piece.
For this DIY, you can also make use of other items such as glass bottles, old tealight holders, or even flowerpots!
2) Customize Your Terracotta Pots
Usually, you’d buy a terracotta pot and then slip it into a pretty plant pot. So why not customize your terracotta pots and make pretty containers for your houseplants? Follow the steps below to create a unique terracotta pot!
You will need:
- Terracotta pots
- Paint brushes
- Colored markers
- As many decorative elements as you wish!
- Start by demarcating the painting areas with tape.
- Paint with the color of your choice using a brush. Insist on the edges of the tape. Don’t forget to protect your work surface before!
- Once you’ve painted the required areas, remove the tape carefully. Do not wait for the paint to dry up to do so as it will prevent the tape from moving.
- Let your terracotta pot dry up
- Touch up- Once it’s dried up you can touch up any area where you feel like such as the messy parts or on the edges
- Let your creative side shine!
You can be creative by adding geometric patterns, drawings, or even small dots. This DIY calls for relaxation and pleasure! You can even involve children in this creation!
3) Transform a Useless Box Into a Pretty Vintage Box for Your Wardrobe
For this, you will need:
- A pair of scissors
- A box
- A glue gun
- Start by cutting out the parts that are normally used to close the box.
- Then cut your fabric. The measurements will depend on the size of your box.
- Put your fabric in place and secure it with clothespins.
- Place a few dots of glue on the inside of your cardboard and glue your fabric.
- Once the fabric is in place inside the cardboard, fold the outside corners of fabric and glue it once again.
Your special box is now ready!
Which of these DIY ideas have you tried? Let us know in the comments below!